Most new entrepreneurs have yet to learn that values are a very important part of any new venture and will serve them well when they go though the 4 phases of entrepreneurship. Some of them are as follows:
- Integrity in business is not a burden but rather a great asset. That’s because most people like to do business with people that they like and trust.
- The unofficial culture of an organization is much more important than the official culture. That’s because what one does creates the culture, not what one says.
- Money is not the most important drive for employees but being appreciated and recognized for what they do, is.
- A company is a business not a religion. This means having a life outside of the business.
- In the final analysis, it’s the family that counts. Recording the dates and times of important family events such as games, recitals, etc., on your calendar makes it easy to be there when it counts. The business will go on.
- Positive solutions are always better that negative solutions. A negative solution is a law suit. Avoid them if at all possible.